Product Design & Development Internship
Start: Febuary 2018
Location: Poblenou, Barcelona
We’re looking for a Product Design & Development Intern to join us at Satta.
Satta is a lifestyle goods label with a focus on sustainable manufacturing processes.
Students and graduates with fashion/product design & fashion management experience are encouraged to apply.
As the Design & Development intern you will be involved in all aspects of the development process, from administration, reasearch and development, communications with manufacturers, and ensuring samples and production is tracked effectively and shipped in line with the critical path.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Creating and updating sampling and tech packs
- Assisting in creating specs for sampling, ensuring all information is correct
- Maintaining development folders
- Following up and chasing on Fabric and Development processes.
- Working closely on design, research and sourcing for appropriate solutions
- Sending off sample packs to manufacturers for sourcing and development
- Building and maintaining development boards
- Taking clear and detailed notes during fit meetings
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets with the status of all new developments and samples
- Sample management
- Raw material ordering and dispatching
- Sourcing trims for sampling
IDEAL APPLICANTS POSSESS:
- A knowledge for fabrics & trims
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- High taste level and an eye for detail
- Ability to use a sewing machine would be a bonus
- Enthusiastic & passionate about new product development
- Ability to take initiative and assume responsibility
- Strong research & organisational skills
- Proficiency of Adobe Illustrator is desirable
YOU WILL LEARN / WE WILL TEACH YOU
- Being part of a small brand you will get to see all the processes which come together to design, develop, sell & market a collection.
- How to put together tech packs for manufacturers to use for sampling and altering them for production use.
- The process of realising garments & goods from initial sketch to finished product in store.
- How to communicate with marketing to develop the story behind the product
- To cultivate a diverse range of skills through a well-rounded experience by working in a dynamic company .
While preference is given to industrial design, product design & development & fashion design students, all applicants will be considered. Prior internship experience in design & development or industrial design is also a plus.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV with cover letter outlining why you'd like to be involved in this role to:
For more information about the SATTA Brand please click here.